THE AURORA AFRICA AMBASSADOR PROGRAM KICK-OFF FOR THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER
Team behind this: Aurora Africa core team
Funding scheme: Quarterly (This first proposal is for one month to help it align with our regular funding scheme for the coming months)
Aurora Africa is a regional guild within the Aurora ecosystem focused on building an African-based Aurora community to provide blockchain development in Africa. This travels as far as paving a way for startups to make use of the tools provided by Aurora EVM to build projects that solve African problems.
WHAT IS THE AMBASSADOR PROGRAM?
The Aurora Africa Ambassador program is meant for ONLY African countries to facilitate the building of local communities in each country to enhance the mass adoption of Aurora by Africans. This is to help reach the first target of 10,000 community members in the Aurora African community.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE AMBASSADOR PROGRAM?
Any African living in any African country can apply to be Ambassador for their country to help build an Aurora community. This person MUST be a blockchain enthusiast, eager for community growth and expansion, and ready to build this great African community. Also, you must be from that country to be able to apply as an ambassador for your country.
WHAT AND HOW IS THE PROGRAM RUN?
This ambassador program shall run in this format.
Selected candidates that pass the two stages of the interview shall
- Create Telegram communities for his/her countrymen
- Translate all written articles into the native languages of his/her country for mass consumption
- Translate infographics into native languages
- Hold AMAs with web3/blockchain communities from their own country to educate about Aurora
- Hold online events such as contests, quizzes, etc to engage and reward community members.
- Attend physical events to create awareness about Aurora
- Hold physical events to mass educate and adapt to the Aurora ecosystem.
These activities summarize what is expected of every ambassador to hit the required target.
This process undergoes two interview models to screen all applicants and the successful ones are onboarded to begin work.
This program operates in a KPI-based system where ambassadors are rewarded based on reaching the required KPI for every month.
Rewards can range from $400 to $1000 monthly given that the required target is reached.
Each ambassador is permitted to recruit any 1 content writer for the translation of articles, 1 community moderator, 1 designer, 1 developer, and any other position needed for your community.
This program is for all African countries but CANNOT take applicants from Nigeria, Ghana, and Cameroon as we already have Aurora communities in those countries.
METRICS TO MEASURE SUCCESS
- Create a local community on TG and name it with your country’s name. (e.g Aurora Egypt)
- Have 200 organic members in the first month. Also, those members joining the Aurora Africa TG group and following on Twitter
- Translate 4 articles into your native language. Two from Aurora Africa’s medium page and two from Aurora’s update
- Translate 1 video monthly into the native language of your country
- Hold four AMAs monthly with either web3, blockchain, and or crypto communities from your country.
- Hold three of any of the contests such as quizzes, infographics, memes, etc in your local TG group for community engagement and activities
- Share all news from all community news stream
- Hold one offline event within the space of three months (THIS METRICS COMES IN AFTER A SUCCESSFUL FOUR MONTHS OF ACTIVITIES AND HITTING OTHER KPIs, PLUS, IT WILL HAVE A DIFFERENT BUDGET FOR IT)
NOTE: The Aurora Africa core team shall provide rewards for AMAs and contests.
ALSO, WE ARE BEGINNING WITH ONLY 7 COUNTRIES FOR THE FIRST MONTH, WHICH IN LATER MONTHS, ALIGNS THE BUDGET WITH OUR REGULAR PROPOSALS.
THE PROGRAM SHALL HAVE A KPI TRACKER SHEET TO SCORE ALL AMBASSADORS AND REPORT SUCCESS AND STRUGGLES TO THE COMMUNITY.
AMBASSADOR’S COMPENSATION (7 PERSONS)- - – - $7000
REWARDS FOR AMAs, QUIZZES, AND PARTNERSHIP(S) for 7 countries
Ranging $200 for all the communities each- - - - - – $1400
Stipend for travels that involve far distances to attend events- - - $1000
Compensation for core team members handling the program- - - $600
TOTAL- - - - - - - - - - - $10,000
Thanks to the grant team, and the community for all the support so far