Hello Aurora community!
Its a good day and time to make our intentions known.
As earlier stated in Enquiry/suggestion for African countries the intention of these events is to toaster knowledge, and growth of Aurora in Africa.
What are the targets of this guild?
- Local offline events for educating newbies and crypto enthusiasts of Aurora
- Online events to reach the online communities
- Hackathons to introduce intending web3 builders to Aurora and subsequently build on the ecosystem.
- Social media handles to continually educate the communities about Aurora and enable other communities reach us.
- Educational materials
- Working with African influencers
HOW DO WE INTEND TO START THIS?
A. Given my experience with community management and involvement with startups in growing communities, organic communities is best and we have chosen our first offline event as a means to begin a New community with organic growth to add to this group…group is opener for all to join
telegram: Telegram: Contact @AuroraAfrica
Discord page for education will come as we grow organically.
The team presently comprises of eight core members.
Myself…Team Lead from Nigeria
George Pro…Co-Lead from Ghana
@Jeromemrys Head of media
@Ella …Dev team
@Mimichinaza, and @Omotola content team.
All team members will join the forum soon and list will be updated with their usernames. Also, we expand to involve people from other African countries also. By this, we call on any African here to indicate interest as team is decentralised and open for all people
As a person, this is my work in the NEAR ecosystem (TNEsociety…Formerly 9ja Musical: www.tnesociety.com)
My NEAR forum account for verification “IgbozeIsrael”
NEAR Forum - NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. NEAR's platform provides decentralized storage and compute that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of the Open Web in their hands.
FUTURE OFFLINE EVENTS SHALL COMPRISE;
- Education about Aurora
- Onboarding community members into the ecosystem.
- Creation of materials for future education.
- Creation of sub country communities to spread fast and effectively the knowledge of Aurora
- Give little Funding to these Sub country communities for local events.
B. COLLABORATION WITH OTHER EXISTING BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITIES IN AFRICA
We shall extend collaboration to reach other African countries to grow much more faster and productively…
METRICS TO MEASURE SUCCESS
- All social media handles fully functional after first event, with educational material include.
A. Twitter: 100 followers monthly through offline events(one each month) Twitter space etc(at least two each month for a start)/account Management---------$500*2=$1000 (@Omotola as mod)
C. Medium page/Youtube: at least three educational contents monthly/management: $500*2=$1000 (To be opened prior to event) (@Mimichinaza as mod)
D. Sponsorship funds to partner with other web3/blockchain communities to foster growth and expansion: $500*2=$1000.
ALL AMOUNTS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS SHALL BE USED FOR EVENTS ON THE CHANNELS SUCH AS QUIZ, BOUNTIES, AMA AND THE MODS
- Having projects from Africa building on Aurora (This is our main target)
Funding shall be done bi-monthly to help us plan, and carry out all activities successfully. We begin initial funding with two months to help us strategies properly
Monthly reports shall be submitted on the forum with receipts, photos, videos and educational materials.
OUR MAJOR FOCUS IS BRINGING OFF CHAIN COMMUNITIES ON CHAIN.
Target wallet: auroraafrica.near
Total funding required will be $4000 for TWO MONTHS
$2000 for August
$2000 for September
I will be ready to answer questions to further clarify. Thanks