Hello there, Near Malaysia Council here! We came here referred by Near MarketingDAO, who let us know of this promising initiative starting up.
Although if you want to get to know us like really well, then read our monthly reports here!
We are committed at chronicling our adventures in Near (and Aurora soon, hehe) and broadly around the crypto space, not only in Malaysia but in the whole South East Asia region.
In these reports, we mention the incredible traction we have gotten over the last five months:
• We have quickly positioned ourselves, thanks to our pluridisciplinar and multi-ethnic team, as one of the leading communities in Malaysia.
• With 50 builders and 730 members, we are making waves! No other L1 blockchain has a similar footing (except the defunct Terra with 500 members and an active community).
• We aim to help NEAR position itself a household blockchain name in Malaysia. To have the honor to partner with a government organization (MRANTI) to teach Malaysians about blockchain is nothing short of ambitious given we were born JUST 5 months ago.
• We will continue focusing on education and Web3 entrepreneurship.
Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here is our traction so far summarized in 5 pics:
These are some of the events we have lined up for July, August, and September.
- Several AMAs lined up (aiming to do at least one every 2 weeks): Fusotao, Paras, Octopus, an NFT creator, a Web3 entrepreneur.
- 2nd edition of myBuilders (Malaysian builders) meeting for brainstorming & networking (first one can be accessed here: [REPORT] MyBUILDERS Kick-off Event by Near Malaysia - Regional Hubs - NEAR Forum )
- Attendance to events by partners & friends in the community (BNB Chain, Starkware, Future Trends…)
- Attendance and sponsoring to the Aurora 3six9 marketplace launch in Lalaport Mall, KL, in July.
- Attendance to university events (APU).
- Featured Speech on L1 Blockchains at the Future Trends Summit on 1st to 3rd July.
- September: next big physical event. Topic: L1 blockchains & Web3 Entrepreneurship. Near Malaysia is a leading organizer. ~300 attendants expected. Confirmed L1 representatives include Ethereum, Polygon, Near, Avalanche, Solana, Osmosis, Cardano, and Fantom. WE NEED TO FEATURE AURORA TOO!!!
- Participation on Atocha, Octopus, Near Starter events.
- Study potential collaborations with Women In Blockchain Asia (WIBA) and other universities in the region.
- Finalize collaborations / sign MoU with MRANTI, APU, myEG & Zetrix Blockchain.
INTEGRATING AURORA IN HE EXISTING ROADMAP
We must confess we have not been much Aurora-centric for now.
But let us step up the game. We will Aurorify ourselves as follows (and please if you do have recommendations, we are all ears):
- Spotlight on “building on Aurora chain” on ur next myBUILDERS event
- Spotlight on DeFi in Aurora on our next Defi-related onlone & off line event
- Feature Aurora-related AMAs (e.g someone from Aurora Team, Aurigami, …)
- Slot in the L1 Blockchain party of 4th September for Aurora chain (need somebody who can give me some slides so somebody from the council can present them :D)
- Trying to get Aurigami (a Malaysian team!) to be involved with our community / be a keynote speaker, etc
- Better understand the grant process so we can support projects building or thinking to build in Aurora to ask for grants (for now, 3 projects have been adviced on Near Grants, and 3 others are in discussion / talks with people from the Near Foundation thanks to our introduction).
- Potentiall add Aurora developer courses in the Education Branch on our future Asean Hub.
For this, we are requesting the following funding:
Over the next two and a half months (till end Sept), we intend to :
• Help connect 5 project founders create 5 pitch decks and connect to VCs (3 done so far YTD)
• Help 7 projects submit Grant Proposal in Near and 3 in Aurora (3 done so far YTD in Near)
• Help 20 new Malaysians sign up for Near Academy & Near University Courses
• Sign MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with MRANTI (govt linked institution), Asia Pacific University, and myEG (public listed company).
• Hit 1200 members in Telegram and Twitter
• Hit 90 members in myBUILDERS group