It’s great to come back to the forum with reports of all we did in September.
It will be recalled that we received funding to build an AUORA AFRICA community.
Work began in August with a glimpse report. We had much growth, even beyond our target, and also some issues encountered.
These were our targets to kickstart the community.
- Local offline events for educating newbies and crypto enthusiasts of Aurora
- Online events to reach the online communities
- Hackathons to introduce intending web3 builders to Aurora and subsequently build on the ecosystem.
- Social media handles continually educate the communities about Aurora and enable other communities to reach us.
- Educational materials
- Working with African influencers
WHAT WE ACHIEVED
- There was no offline event as it was too early to hold one.
- Online events.
We were able to hold the following AMAs within this period.
- There was no hackathon organized as we needed to also bring the perfect team and community to host this
- Social media handles statistics.
This gives a summary of our Twitter growth and impressions. From 69 followers by end of August to 347 followers by end of September, With 100 tweets.
Here is our growth analytics for telegram. With 89 active users and 152 new users as compared to last month. From 145 members in August to 275 by end of September
The below photos show our page growth. From 89 followers by end of August to 156 by end of September
We had five articles on our medium page with these stats to show. From 2 followers in Aurgust to 32 in Septwmber
We were able to make infographics for projects built on Aurora as found here. Also made 5 YouTube videos to educate about Aurora and projects built on Aurora.
We had to go with onboarding from African communities rather than giving us baseline community members, to begin with….and have begun some conversations with some of these. Their ticket prices were far above us.
HOW FUNDS WERE USED.
- For AMAs. We used $470 for AMAs. For winners and admin fee for those with outside communities. Details are on our Twitter page as included above in the link.
- We had an invite contest, most active member contest, and monthly trivia
Which:a. $100 in pool for highest invites…yet to shared.
b. For Trivia, $5 in Aurora for first, and $3 in Aurora for second.
c. Most active member contest….$10 in Aurora to one person.
THIS SUMS TO A TOTAL OF $588 in AURORA used for our own community.
BUILDING REGIONAL COMMUNITIES.
We have been keen in helping to build an Aurora Ghana community and helped sponsor two AMAs for the community with $60 for two AMAs as seen below. Rewards were distributed by their admin.
TOTAL FUNDS FOR COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES IS $648 IN AURORA tokens.
For team, $900 was shared across six team members.
Comparing with funds received, we have used $1548 and $452 left due to not fulfill the partnership with influencers which was due to 1. High ticket price.
We also launched an intern mod training program to help train members of the community for opportunities within the ecosystem. This training shall increase wider in the coming months.
- Launch Aurora Africa Solidity training. This leads to adding a more qualified developer to our team @asteve12 GitHub. Details shall be found in our next proposal.
- Attend an in-person event in Nigeria to boost marketing/developer collaborations
- Begin a YouTube Aurora Series
Thanks to the community for all help so far